Thursday, January 4, 2007

Another great way to push commuters out of their cars and onto trains would be to provide a wifi signal.

I read yesterday that Autonet Mobile is offering a wifi signal for cars for $50 a month and it supports multiple users. Other orgs offer similar services.

Apparently Google already offers a wified van to pool it’s employees who live in SF.

And here is someone in Seattle offering guerilla wifi on a commuter train.

It sounds good to me especially on the newer trains that are smooth running and have lots of tables for laptop use. I can imagine current car drivers thinking through the possibility of getting a headstart on their workday rather than listening to the radio whle stuck in another traffic jam.

I’m writing this on the train in fact but no way to post it until I get home.

No comments: